Wednesday, May 28, 2008

"I was visiting my local Toyota dealer in Bethesda, Md., last week to trade in one hybrid car for another." Oh, really? So what do you want from me? A blender? You need a reward because you are driving a hybrid? Do you want poor people to buy hybrids too even if they can't afford it? And how did that pie-in-your-face taste? Was it creamy enough for you? When I read Thomas Friedman writing about energy and conservation I get a strong urge to waste energy. I get a strong urge to cut down trees and to turn on all lights in the house, and to operate my blender on gasoline. Some people are most annoying when they do this public service schtick; when they act all righteous. I feel the same when I watch public service announcement on right-wing, LBC-TV of Lebanon. When I see them addressing drunken driving, I get the urge to get drunk and drive all over California. Spare me, please.